2023 Summer Camps
We’re gearing up for a wonderful summer full of camps at the Highlands Nature Center, and we hope your camper will be able to join us!
Nature Camps will be held between June and August 2023 for children ages 4 to 12 years. Each camp runs for four days (Tuesday – Friday) and are a wonderful way for kids to connect to nature, foster an appreciation for the environment, and learn about the many things that make the Highlands-Cashiers Plateau so unique.
2023 Nature Camp themes and dates will be posted here on Monday, January 30th.
Members of the Highlands Biological Foundation (HBF) will have access to early registration for Nature Camps. Camp registration for HBF members will open Monday, February 27th. Registration will be available to non-members on Monday, March 6th. To check on the status of your membership, please call our office at 828.526.2221. Donations to HBF of $30 or more come with a complimentary membership which will give you the camp benefit listed above. Click HERE to make a donation today.
Please note: HBF members no longer receive a $10 discount on Nature Camps. Membership does not guarantee a spot in camp. Camps fill quickly! Once registration opens, register as soon as possible for the best chance to get a spot. If the camp you want is full, we encourage you to join the waitlist.
Cancelation/ Refund Policy
- If you cancel your camp registration 30 days prior to the start of your camp, you are eligible for a full refund. If you need to cancel your camp registration, you may choose to have your camp fees converted to a donation to HBF.
- If you cancel 30 to 14 days prior to the start of your camp, you are eligible for a 50% refund.
- If you cancel within less than 14 days prior to the start of your camp, you are not eligible for any refund.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Membership is subject to verification. If you register as a member but do not have current qualifying membership, your registration is subject to cancellation and your fees refunded, minus a 20% administrative fee.
- No refunds for missed days of camp.
- To cancel your registration, please contact Holly Theobald at (828) 526-2623.
Our primary goal is providing safety and a positive camp experience for all. Camp staff is unable to provide one-on-one supervision for a special needs situation, but we would be happy to assist the family in making those arrangements with a care facilitator of your choice. Parents/Guardians are asked to discuss this need with our Education Specialist, Holly Theobald, prior to registration at 828.526.2623