Give for Gear
Give the meaningful gift of equipment to the Highlands Biological Station in the name of a loved one!
Since 1927, Scientists based at HBS have made signification contributions in a number of fields, particularly in the study of salamander biology, plant ecology, mycology, and aquatic ecology. All HBS users of all ages depend upon the scientific equipment owned by HBS to accurately and efficiently conduct their fieldwork. Unfortunately, due to budget cutbacks over the past several years, HBS has been unable to keep up with the demand for new equipment and the need to replace old or damaged equipment. HBS finds itself a field station without the necessary equipment to conduct fieldwork.
Did you know?
- Each year HBS hosts researchers and biology classes from around the country and the world
- Thousands of students have taken advantage of HBS-based learning opportunities
- HBS is credited in hundreds of scientific publications in scholarly journals
- Over 100 Masters theses and Doctoral dissertations from universities throughout the country have been based on work conducted at HBS
- HBS sponsors a competitive research grant program annually, which has awarded nearly half-a million dollars to student researchers over the past twenty years
- HBS offers public lectures, natural history exhibits at the Nature Center, demonstration gardens, and children’s programs all focused on the region’s unique ecosystems
You can help! How?
“Give for Gear” in the name of a loved one, and help provide much needed equipment to HBS. By doing so, you will not only give a meaningful gift but will also directly support important research and education on the Highlands Plateau. HBS needs everything from forceps to sift through sediment samples to water quality testing kits. The Highlands Biological Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to which all donations are tax-deductible. For your donation you will receive a letter for income tax purposes and an acknowledgement letter. To receive these letters in time for the holidays, please make your donation by December 12.